Our internships are hands-on learning opportunities for college and graduate students to develop skills in experiential, nature-based programs working with animals and children. Interns are invited to work alongside and under the supervision of experienced staff to provide meaningful educational activities and hands-on care for animals. Interns are fully immersed in our programing, gaining valuable hands-on experience for their future careers. Whether they are caring for animals on the farm, working with early childhood students, or supporting community youth, interns bring new energy to all of our programs and are valued members of our farm community.
If you are not a college student, please see our volunteer page for more opportunities.
Internship experiences are available in several program areas:
- Humane Education
- Farm & Nature Based Programs
- Alternative Early Childhood Education
- Youth Development & Leadership
- For currently enrolled college or graduate students
- Full or part time internships available
- Year round opportunities, internships generally run four sessions per year, corresponding to academic quarters
- Schedules may be customized to meet institution requirements
- We are unable to provide any paid internships at this time, only academic internships for credit
- Nature Nurtures Farm is not located on a bus line, we are 4 miles from the nearest bus stop