This fun and educational program includes training in leadership skills in group and independent settings, interacting with different ages of kids, safe animal handling, and learning to lead many fun games, crafts, and activities. There will be a blend of training, shadowing, and leading camp activities with feedback from teachers. The program will also include a First Aid/CPR certification component.
Every summer we provide a number of scholarships to lower-income families for youth to participate in our CIT program. Download our scholarship application form here.
What we offer
- Leadership training
- Developmentally appropriate interactions with youth
- Team building
- How to lead group activities
- 1st aid/CPR certification
- Animal Care
- Outdoor Exploration
- Circle Activities
- Animal education
- New friends!
- For youth 13-18 years old (sorry, no exceptions)
- 9am - 4pm, Monday - Friday (early drop off and late pick up available at no extra charge 7:30am-5:30pm)
- June 18th-29th, 2018
- Successful graduates will be invited to volunteer for the remainder of the summer camp season
- Tuition $150 for 2 week program, free for ages 16-18 (not including CPR/1st aid certificate)
- Flexible volunteer schedule after graduating from the CIT program
For additional questions not answered in our FAQ's, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org